The Community Development Program (CDP) is the Commonwealth Government’s remote employment and community development service.
The CDP aims to support, assist and service job seekers at our identified locations by providing a ‘Package of Support’ to our job seekers, which includes a combination of:
- vocational and non-vocational training (including on-the-job training);
- involvement in activities that support Indigenous cultural practices, such as Men’s and Women’s Business;
- essential skills training and assistance to overcome personal barriers to employment (for example, literacy problems);
- job search assistance;
- work-like activities co-designed by engaged job seekers to boost our placed job seekers' skills and experience;
- job placements and work experience placements;
- support for job seekers and employers when a job seeker gains employment and;
Roper Gulf Regional Council has been delivering this service to our communities since 1 July 2013, when it was previously known as Remote Jobs and Communities Programme (RJCP). We operate the CDP in two (2) distinct contractual regions throughout Council’s area.
The two (2) areas include Numbulwar/Ngukurr (Region 30) and Borroloola and identified Outstations (Region 29). The two (2) regions include the following locations:
- Borroloola (including the identified outstations)
- Minyerri (subcontracted to Alawa Aboriginal Corporation)
Our Community Development Program delivers activities and projects that are culturally and environmentally appropriate, including community driven/requested accredited and non-accredited training across the region. Our CDP has placed over 30 local job seekers into employment across the regions.
Upcoming Training Dates
Dates for the 2022-2023 financial year are still to be confirmed. Contact your local CDP Office to find out more information
Do you want more information on how to get your name on the course list?
Go see your CDP Employment Consultant/Coordinator in your community/township at the CDP Office.
Are you a CDP job seeker? If you need assistance with obtaining:
- Working with Children’s Card (Ochre Card)
- Birth Certificate
- License renewal
- Proof of Identification
Please see your CDP Employment Consultant (try and bring some form of ID with you) and they will help/assist you with your needs.